(This post contains affiliate links, please see disclosure policy for more information and enjoy the post below!)
DIY Gift Bucket
Yes, that is right I said: “the perfect do it yourself gift bucket.” I promise the person you gift it to will love it just as much as you loved creating it for them. Now when it comes to getting gifts for people, or just doing something nice for someone this is something that I absolutely love to do! So, with that being said, I want to show you all the bucket that I made, that you could easily do yourself with the proper items and your own imagination. Let’s face it, you know the person that you want to create this gift for better than I do, so put your thoughts and effort into it and I know they will love it.
Here goes nothing (the steps and process)
First, you will need to get a few items;
- Any type of galvanized bucket: here are a few ideas below; I myself really like the Behrens brand and the stickers are usually very easy to get off. I usually just pick it off myself, then whatever is left over I will use an alcohol wipe and clean it off. They are inexpensive and last a long time, they also are easy to work with and have several different sizes, this is all a matter of preference and how big you decide to make your gift for that person 🙂
- After you have decided what type of bucket you want you will want to get something to either go around it and of course put in it. So this brings up the topic are you putting a gift together that is more for a guy or a gal? The one that I am going to show you as an example was a gift that was for a girl. Here are some items and ideas that you could add to the buckets of your choosing.
- The next best thing that a lot of people have thanked me for putting in their gifts are cards. You can never go wrong with different sets of playing cards, these can be taken anywhere and played basically anywhere.
- When it comes to filling a bucket for the person, sometimes it is easiest to find little things. Although you do not want it to look cheap, you want them to know that you care and that you are trying to get them what they like and are interested in.
- Finally, what I like to put in the buckets is any kind of relaxing scrub or bathing material. This could be bath bombs, soap, facial scrub, etc.. all of these are good. Here are some of my favorite and what again has been a huge hit with those I gift too.
(These three pictures are copyrighted and are those of my own work. I created these by hand, along with a few of the items inside. Please do not take these pictures for your own personal use)