(This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure policy)
You have been in a relationship with someone for a couple years now, maybe more and you are just wondering when? When are they going to pop the question, do you see yourself marrying this person, is there a future here? There is so much that can run through your mind, but when you are dating someone aren’t you supposed to look for someone you want to spend your future with? Someone to spend the rest of your life with?
Now, I won’t go into detail about my engagement because it was kind of weird.. and well definitely a spur of the moment thing. Although we had the spur of the moment engagement then, my hubby (boyfriend at the time) proposed to me again after we did the right thing in talking to our parents. He asked my dad for his blessing and we went over and spoke to his parents as well. We did not do it in the best way at first, but that is beside the point, we fixed it.
When it comes to weddings and planning a wedding, this is my absolute favorite. I think if I wasn’t sick all the time I would love to be a wedding planner and help someone plan their dream wedding. Weddings are so beautiful and just seeing two people that really love each other and enjoy every moment that spends with one another. You can see that in their eyes just by the way they look at each other if you know what I mean? I see this with quite a few couples we know that have been together. Weddings and marriage are such an incredible gift and blessing that God has given us.
Although after you get engaged, sometimes the panic sets in, and you just don’t know where to go from there. So I set up a little post and planning to do some freebie printables to help those that are newly engaged and need a little help with planning their wedding.
The first thing you want to do is just bask at the moment. You don’t need to rush into wedding plans.. unless you want to of course. You can just spend that time being excited that you get to marry that amazing woman/ man and that your whole future is right in front of you! Then comes the best part! Planning the wedding day. I would suggest getting any and all of these following items:
- AmazonBasics 3-Ring Binder, 1 Inch – 4-Pack (White)
- Clear Sheet Protectors – Letter Size (100 Pack)
- The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner This has all the essentials you will need to get your wedding planning process started.
- The Budget-Savvy Wedding Planner The very best thing to do for yourself and your future spouse makes a budget. You want to stick to that budget as much as possible because it is so easy to over a certain amount that you want to spend.
Finally, when it comes to being engaged, finding someone to marry you and just the overall getting to your spouse better I highly recommend all of these books. Reading books and doing workbooks with your future spouse is so important, and who knows you might learn something about them you just didn’t know before?… There are always chances to get to know your future spouse better, why not start before the wedding 🙂
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for Women Updated: Seven Questions to Ask Before—and After—You Marry
- My husband and I read this one as a couple together and the workbook was done for premarital counseling with the pastor of our church. I would highly recommend this book to start with if you want a workbook to work on with your future spouse.
- Preparing for a Kingdom Marriage: A Couple’s Workbook to Connecting with God’s Purpose
- Learning to Live as One: A Workbook for Engaged Couples
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- Do you know your spouses love language? Are they someone who likes physical love? Are they someone who needs to be told by words of affirmation how much you love them? There are different types of love languages and knowing what one your partner is will really help you with your future marriage.